The Annual Report for Exempt Property, also known as Annual Report, is a form that must be completed yearly by the owner of property that is exempt from taxation. Information to file the report is provided to the property owner by the Division of Property Taxation and the report must be completed and filed with the Division each year along with the correct fee. The report is used to determine the property's ongoing eligibility for exemption from general property taxation.
File your Exempt Property Annual Reports Online
- The initial deadline to file 2024 Annual Reports is April 15, 2024.
- Late reports may still be filed until July 1, 2024 (July 1, 2025 for most religious organizations) if they are submitted online or postmarked and mailed no later than that date.
- Owners who fail to file Exempt Property Reports by the filing deadline forfeit their right to claim exemption and their property is returned to the tax rolls as of January 1 of the year in which the failure to file occurred
Timely filings with a $75 filing fee per report are due by April 15, 2024.
Late reports filed after the April 15, 2024 deadline must be accompanied by the $250 late filing fee.
- $75 for timely filed Exempt Property Reports
- $250 for Exempt Property Reports filed after the initial April 15, 2024 deadline